The Avon-by-the-Sea School has been part of this coastal community for over a century, growing alongside the town it serves. In 1908, the public school on Lincoln Avenue: just two classrooms and a basement. Students in older grades still had to travel to Ocean Grove or Neptune for high school.
Over the next hundred years, the school expanded again and again, always by close vote, always with care. By 1926, there were five teachers for eight grades. As America modernized, so did the school: with new classrooms, an auditorium, and eventually, a library, cafeteria, and science lab.
Children who once walked these halls returned later as parents and grandparents, a full circle of learning, laughter, and community pride passed from one generation to the next.
Through outbreaks, hurricanes, and even a global pandemic, the school has remained a steady presence, shaped by the challenges of its time, and the values of its community.
Today, the School continues to grow, rooted in tradition, and ready for the future